Other Factors to Consider When Purchasing a New Home
There are many things to consider when buying your first home. Many of us immediately start the search with the basic needs/wants in mind: How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Is there an attached garage? Is the yard fenced in for our furry friends?
Here are some important factors to also keep in the back of your mind when you start your search:
- What is the traffic like?
- How is the noise level?
- Are there train tracks?
- How much parking is available for guests?
- What amenities are included in the HOA and which ones are shared?
- How long will it take to get to and from work during peek times of the day?
- What is the school district?
- Is there public transportation nearby?
- Easy and quick access to grocery/convenient stores.
- If childcare is needed, how far is it from your home and/or work?
- If you love the outdoors, are there walking paths, sidewalks, parks, or forest preserves nearby?
- Are there different entertainment options close by for a night out on the town?
- Does the community host seasonal festivals?
- How far away is the closet interstate?
- Are there any hospitals or wellness clinics nearby?